Monday, November 15, 2010

PLATELET RICH PLASMA; DAY FIVE

Today was the first follow-up visit with the Doctor. It was scheduled for 1:10 PM. However, this turned out to be the day from Hell! Do you want the whole story?

Here we go. I woke up this morning around 4 AM with a pounding pain in my left upper jaw. The culprit was the second from the back molar. Very sensitive to touch; even if my tongue touched it. Hurt a lot.

I did have a dental appointment scheduled for Tuesday but seeing how today is Monday, I wasn’t going to make it until then. So in addition to going the foot doctor, I got a root canal today as a bonus. Now the tooth hurts a lot still from all the drilling and Novocain shots. So when people say “that was as much fun as a root canal” they mean that it really was not much fun. No kidding; I am lying in the chair stiff as board waiting on the pain come. That my friends is stress.

Back to the foot doctor. He took the bandages off and guess what? I had thought he did about 4 injections. Well, there are nine little holes with scabs where the injections went in. This is in addition to the three holes where the nerve blocks went in. My lower ankle looks like a pin cushion!

The prognosis is to stay on crutches for another one to three weeks; as long as I can stand it. Further, he gave me a walking cast to wear from now until one week after I give up the crutches. Then, I can start swimming and doing the stationary bike. No elliptical or treadmill machines however. Upper body weights will be ok then as long as I am sitting down.

The bottom line question for me was: when can I swing a golf club? Bottom line answer was February one; my birthday. What a present that will be! So no golf from November 10 to February 1; basically three months. Since it took me about a year and a half to get here, I guess that is ok.

More entries to come later; tune in on the same channel.

No comments: