Saturday, November 13, 2010

PLATELET RICH PLASMA THERAPY; DAY THREE

Dear Diary,

This is the third day after the procedure. I am still on crutches; yes, I know the Doc told me I would be on crutches for two to four weeks. But, it seems like a long time since Wednesday! I am pretty bored actually. The main problem is not being able to be outside and enjoy this beautiful fall weather we are having.

I can get around pretty good but the problem is that I can’t take anything with me. For example, want to take a drink from the kitchen to the den? No can do. Want to take a book from the den to the bedroom to read at night? No can do. I have to have someone help me do little things like that. In my case, it is my lovely and devoted wife. She is being very nice to me and I will owe her big time when this is all over.

I also need help taking a bath. The doc said no showers since I am not to stand on the ankle and have a wrapping on it. But, something has to give. I mean the body odor can become pretty bad to me even if it is my own smell! So, we put a trash bag on my lower leg and put a bungee cord around it to keep the water out. Then I sit on the side of the tub and swing my legs around and lower myself with both arms. After that, we just soap and rinse like you would when normally taking a bath.

We went out for lunch yesterday and a friend took me out to lunch the day before so I am getting out a bit. Thank goodness the weather is beautiful and not rainy or anything like that. I am getting to read some books and catch up on the magazines. At church we are “reading the bible in 90 days” so I have caught up on that as well.

So, it is not all bad and I hope that the procedure actually works and the ankle gets healed up! Further, that my wife still loves me when it is all over.

I go back to the Doctor on Monday so another entry in the journal will come out then with an updated prognosis.

No comments: